PMI® lists ten reasons that make the PMP® valuable for organizations:
1. Your workforce will understand processes and terminology.
2. Your workforce will be more disciplined.
3. Your workforce will know what to look for before they start a project.
4. Your workforce will value teamwork.
5. Your clients will have increased confidence, because your project team uses a baseline of terminology and practices.
6. Your clients will have increased confidence, because your certified project team has an ethical code. PMI® credential holders must adhere to the PMI® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
7. Your clients will have increased confidence, because your project team has knowledge of the most up-to-date global practices. (Pinnacle ProDev LLC note: Many of our corporate customers express that their clients now require a PMP® to lead project work as a condition of receiving the business.)
8. You will have repeatable processes and improved project results.
9. You will retain employees and attract new talent by investing in their professional development.
10. You will help grow the profession of project management by providing long-term career paths in project management.