PMI® lists ten reasons that make the PMP® valuable for individuals:
1. PMI® credentials show your commitment to the project management profession.
2. PMI® credentials recognize your knowledge, skills and abilities.
3. PMI® credentials reflect achievement.
4. PMI® credentials can lead to greater earnings, as many credential holders experience salary increases because of their certification status. (Pinnacle ProDev, LLC note: Do your research! Search job boards and determine for yourself whether positions mentioning PMP® pay more than positions that don’t.)
5. PMI® credentials can lead to career opportunities and advancement. (Pinnacle ProDev, LLC note: More and more organizations now require the PMP® as a condition of project management employment, or promotion to a “Senior Project Manager” level.)
6. PMI® credentials prepare you for greater job responsibilities.
7. PMI® credentials improve skills and knowledge.
8. PMI® credentials build self confidence.
9. PMI® credentials allow for greater recognition from peers.
10. PMI® credentials enhance the profession.